This policy describes what you cannot do with our services. If you breach the policy or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the services.
In this policy the following words have the following meanings:
- policy means this acceptable use policy;
- services means the web services offered by us on the site;
- site means the website located at www.cloud.co.za;
- system means any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device;
Changes to the policy
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
No illegal, offensive or harmful use or content
You may not use or help others to use, the services or site for any illegal, harmful or offensive activities, or distribute or make content available that is illegal, offensive or harmful. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal activities. Any illegal activities, including promoting or making available gambling sites or services or sharing, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or fraudulent activities. Activities that may be harmful to others, our systems, operations or reputation, including offering or sharing fraudulent goods, services or promotions or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Intellectual property infringement Content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others (for example their copyright or trademarks).
- Offensive content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, infringes your right to privacy, or is otherwise objectionable.
- Harmful content. Content or other computer technology that may damage or interfere with any system or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or bots.
No security breaches
You may not use the services to breach the security or integrity of any system including:
- Unauthorized access. Accessing or using any system without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a system.
- Interception. Monitoring of live or stored data on a system without permission.
- Falsification of origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No network abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a system that impairs or disrupts the system being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any system, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of certain network services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding system restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a system, such as access and storage restrictions.
No e-mail or other message abuse
You will not publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail, SMS’s or other messages you will not collect replies to messages sent from another Internet service provider if those messages breach this policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our monitoring and enforcement
We reserve the right to investigate any violation of this policy or misuse of the services or site. We may remove or modify any content that violates this policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the services or the site.
We may report any activity that we suspect breaks any law to appropriate law enforcement officials or other appropriate third parties. We also may cooperate with law enforcement authorities, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this policy.
Reporting of breaches of this policy
If you become aware of any violation of this policy, you must immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the breach. To report any violation of this policy, please contact us and ask for our abuse reporting process.