Step-by-step guide to install and setup online backup for MacBook #
By default, Acronis Agent is installed and registered in the account specified during installation. When you need to install agents without registration and register them manually later:
- Download the installation package (.dmg-file) from the backup management console.
- Open Terminal and create a temporary DMG mount directory:
- Mount DMG image:
hdiutil attach Backup_Agent_for_MAC_x64.dmg -mountpoint dmg_root
where Backup_Agent_for_Mac_OSX64.dmg is the installation package; specify path to the package in case it is located outside of the directory you are working in
- Run installer:
sudo installer -pkg dmg_root/BackupClientMacOSX64.pkg -target LocalSystem
- 5. Detach DMG:
hdiutil detach dmg_root/
Later, you can register agents manually.
OS X #
Acronis Backup Cloud 7.7 (current version)
- Open terminal.
sudo "/Library/Application Support/BackupClient/Acronis/RegisterAgentTool/RegisterAgent" -o register -t cloud -a https://cloud.acronis.com -u <account> -p <password>
Acronis Backup Cloud 7.5 or older
- Open terminal.
sudo "/Library/Application Support/BackupClient/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/AmsRegisterHelper" register https://cloud.acronis.com <login> <password>
Mac OS X (Prior To 10.14.1) #
- Ensure that the Mac is connected to the Internet.
- Login to your backup console
- Click on the Add icon on the top right corner and click the Workstation – Mac icon.
- This will download the installer with name
- Double-click the installation file (.dmg).
- Wait while the operating system mounts the installation disk image.
- Double-click Install.
- If prompted, provide administrator credentials.
- Click Continue.
- Wait until the registration screen appears.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Register now. In the opened browser window, sign in to the backup console, review the registration details, and then click Confirm registration.
- Click Show registration info. The setup program shows the registration link and the registration code. You can copy them and perform the registration steps on a different machine. In this case, you will need to enter the registration code in the registration form. The registration code is valid for one hour.
- Alternatively, you can access the registration form by clicking All devices > Add, scrolling down to Registration via code, and then clicking Register.
Mac OS X (Mojave 10.14.1) #
- Follow the steps as of prior to 10.14.1 however there is 1 more addition steps that is to grant full disk access
- After the installation completed, in order to grant it, go to the ‘Utilities’ folder in Finder, click ‘Backup Agent Assistant’, and then follow the instructions from the app.